November 14, 2020
5th Annual Star City Strongman
Registration capped at 75. $55 early bird until August 1. $75 after August 1. Registration closes October 10. Athletes get a T-shirt; no exchanges so please choose the correct size. Shirts are unisex and Next Level brand.
Info will be updated as it becomes available. Registration is OPEN.
- Press medley (axle, keg, log)
- Tire deadlift
- Hussafel & Farmers carry
- Seated truck pull
- Stone over bar for reps (with trump stone)
- Press medley - Athlete has 60 seconds to press all three implements in this order: axle, keg, log. The log will be cleaned once and pressed for reps after a successful rep of each of the other two implements. Judge will give a down command for each press. Athlete must use control when putting the implement back down onto the ground. Belts, wrist wraps, elbow sleeves and grip shirts are allowed.
- Tire deadlift - Athlete has 60 seconds to perform as many deadlifts as possible. Judge will give up and down command for each rep; up will be called as soon as the tires settle. Belts and straps are allowed.
- Carry medley - Athlete has 60 seconds to carry the Hussafel 30 feet, then carry the farmers back 30 feet. Farmers are top-loading. Hussafel will be picked from the floor and must be sat on the box at the end of the run. Time will be recorded when the front of the farmers cross the line. If athlete does not complete medley, distance will be measured for whatever implement they are on when 60 seconds is up. Wrist wraps, belts, elbow sleeves and grip shirts allowed.
- Truck pull - Athlete has 60 seconds to pull the truck as far as possible. Athlete will be seated in a tire, pulling the truck toward them with a rope, arm-over-arm. If truck is pulled the full length (30 ft.), time will be recorded for their score. If it is not pulled the full length, distance will be recorded. Gloves are allowed.
- Stone over bar - Athlete has 60 seconds to load the stone over the bar for as many reps as possible. Athlete may choose between the designated division stone or the heavier trump stone. Athlete may NOT start with one stone and move to the other. Stone will start on the ground and athlete starts with arms on the bar. Bar will be at 52” for the male divisions and 48” for the female divisions. Stones are traditional atlas stones and tacky is allowed. Stone sleeves are also allowed. There will be two tacky stations OUTSIDE for clean-up; do NOT clean tacky off in the bathrooms.
- Doors open at 8.
- Rules meeting at 9:30. (all athletes MUST attend)
- Lifting starts at 10 a.m.
- All athletes MUST purchase a USS Strongman membership card PRIOR to the show; a current card must be presented (or receipt for the purchase) when checking in.
- Weigh-ins are at The Noke on Nov. 13 from 4-8 p.m. OR Nov. 14 from 8-9:15 a.m. Please do NOT wait until the last minute to weigh-in. We will be doing card checks and handing out T-shirts at the same time. Have your USS card (or proof of purchase) on hand or let us know you will be purchasing it with cash from the USS rep on the day-of. Cards are $30.
- Like Star City Strongman on Facebook to keep up-to-date on details.
- Charity to receive proceeds is Urgent Love. You may donate with cash/checks on the day-of or donate online here: https://scssupportsul2.eventbrite.com
Weight Divisions - may be combined at organizer's discretion; top 3 in each Open division will receive an invite to Nationals, top 1 in each Novice division will receive an invite to Nationals; if you have not competed in USS Open and have not won USS Novice, you can compete in Novice.
Novice Women: Lightweight - up to 165, Heavyweight - 165+
Open Women: Lightweight - up to 132; Middleweight - 133-165; Heavyweight - 166-198; Super Heavyweight - 198+
Masters Women (40+): Lightweight - up to 132; Middleweight - 133-165; Heavyweight - 165+
Novice Men: Lightweight - up to 220; Heavyweight - 220+
Open Men: Lightweight - up to 181; Middleweight - 182-220; Heavyweight - 221-275; Super Heavyweight - 275+
Masters Men (40+): Lightweight - up to 220; Heavyweight - 220+
Events and Weights
|Division||Press Medley (axle, keg, log)||Tire deadlift||Hussafel > Farmers||Seated truck pull||Stone over bar (with trump stone)|
|Novice W LW (165-)||85, 80, 90||225||140, 130||Truck||115, 130|
|Novice W HW (165+)||100, 100, 105||275||165, 160||Truck||130, 150|
|Open W||140, 100, 120||295||180, 165||Truck + heavy stuff||175, 200|
|Masters W||140, 120, 120||275||180, 165||Truck + heavy stuff||175, 200|
|Novice M HW (220+)||190, 185, 185||495||215, 225||Truck||175, 200|
|Novice M LW (220-)||175, 150, 170||405||200, 200||Truck||150, 175|
|Open M LW (181-)||180, 150, 180||435||225, 215||Truck||200, 225|
|Open M MW (220-)||210, 185, 220||495||235, 230||Truck + heavy stuff||225, 245|
|Open M HW (275-)||230, 200, 240||545||250, 240||Truck + heavier stuff||245, 270|
|Open M SHW (+)||250, 250, 280||585||280, 260||Truck + heaviest stuff||270, 300|
|Masters M LW (220-)||210, 150, 180||405||235, 230||Truck||200, 225|
|Masters M HW (+)||230, 185, 200||495||250, 240||Truck + heavy stuff||225, 245|
Available until Aug 01, 2020
Registration Closes Oct 19, 2020
No spots left.