May 21, 2023
9th Annual JD's Gym Summer Strongman/Strongwoman Competition
*This is a USS sanctioned event. All athletes must have a current 2023 USS membership.
Weigh-ins: Will be held on May 20th at JD's Gym (3542 Lemay Ferry Road Saint Louis, MO 63125) from 9am-8pm and then from 8am-9am at the competition venue (Dean Team) on the day of the competition.
Free Parking: On the lot in the front of the building. The competition will be held at the used car center on the left. There is no fee for spectators.
1) Axle Press for reps:
- Athlete will have 60 seconds to complete as many reps as possible (one clean and then press away). - The athlete may set the axle down, rest, reclean it, and resume pressing until the 60 seconds time cap hits.
-Please do not drop or throw the axle from the lockout position (no tree-topping). This can result in a no rep being called.
- The athlete must wait for a down command from the judge before receiving credit for a rep.
- No belt cleans. The athlete can not rest the axle on the belt and then clean it to the shoulders.
- Allowed- Chalk is allowed. Belts are allowed, an under belt and an over belt is allowed. Wraps and sleeves are allowed. Grip Shirts are allowed (no Strongman Corp. grip shirts).
2) Car Deadlift: After given the start command, the athlete will pull the frame into a fully locked out position. The athlete must wait for the judge to issue a down command to receive credit for a rep. There will be no "up" command after the first rep. Most reps in a minute wins. Straps, deadlift suits, belts, knee and elbow sleeves allowed. No tacky and the athlete's hand must be touching the frame at all times.
3) Press/Carry Medley: The athlete will press two objects (a keg and then a sandbag) for one rep each. Then the athlete will carry the iron cross down and back for 70 total feet. The iron cross must remain standing after the carry. The fastest time wins (60 second time cap).
4) Farmers Carry/Car Push Medley (Head-to-Head): The athlete will carry the farmer's implement down and back for 70 total feet and then push a vehicle for approximately 50 feet each. Once the front bumper crosses the finish line the time stops. Fastest time wins (one minute time cap).
Hotel: The Wildwood Hotel
Event Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/2258379017688059/?post_id=2258379031021391&view=permalink¬if_id=1678127090867084¬if_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif
15121 Manchester Rd
Ballwin, MO 63011
James Dalton III
Events and Weights
|Division||Axle Press for Reps||Car Deadlift for Reps||Press/Carry Medley||Farmer's Carry/Car Push Medley|
|Novice W HW (165+)||105||small car on the black frame||90,95,110||140/Car|
|Novice W LW (165-)||85||small car on the black frame||50,55,110||120/Car|
|Open W LW (123-)||115||small car on the black frame||100,95,110||150/Car|
|Open W LW (132-)||115||small car on the black frame||100,95,110||150/Car|
|Open W MW (148-)||125||small car on the black frame||100, 105, 120||160/Car|
|Open W MW (165-)||125||small car on the black frame||125, 105, 130||160/Car|
|Open W HW (181-)||145||small car on the black frame||125, 135, 150||180/Car|
|Open W HW (198-)||155||small car on the black frame||150, 135, 175||180/Car|
|Open W SHW (242-)||175||small car on the black frame||150, 150, 175||200/Car|
|Open W SHW (+)||185||small car on the black frame||150, 150, 175||200/Car|
|Masters Women (Single Class)||115||small car on the black frame||80, 95, 110||140/Car|
|Teen W LW (165-)||85||small car on the black frame||50, 55, 110||120/Car|
|Teen W HW (165+)||105||small car on the black frame||80, 95, 110||140/Car|
|Novice M HW (220+)||200||Small car + red frame||150, 150, 200||200/Car|
|Novice M LW (220-)||175||Small car + black frame +100lbs||125, 135, 160||180/Car|
|Open M LW (165-)||200||Small care + red frame||150, 150, 200||200/Car|
|Open M LW (181-)||200||Small Car + red frame||175, 150, 200||200/Car|
|Open M MW (198-)||220||Small car + red frame + 50lbs||175, 150, 200||220/Car|
|Open M MW (220-)||220||Small car + red frame + 50lbs||175, 150, 200||220/Car|
|Open M HW (242-)||250||Small car + red frame + 90lbs||210, 185, 225||250/Car|
|Open M HW (275-)||250||Small car + red frame + 90lbs||210, 185, 225||250/Car|
|Open M SHW (308-)||275||Small car + red frame + 90lbs||210, 200, 250||275/Car|
|Open M SHW (+)||275||Small car + red frame + 90lbs||210, 200, 250||275/Car|
|Masters Men (Single Class)||165||Small car + red frame||150, 150, 200||180/Car|
|Teen M LW (220-)||165||Small car + black frame +100lbs||125, 135, 160||160/Car|
|Teen M HW (220+)||185||Small car + black frame +100lbs||150, 150, 200||180/Car|
Available until Mar 31, 2023
Registration Closes May 13, 2023
9 spots remain.