April 10, 2021
North Dakota Strongest Man & Woman VII 2021
UPDATED RULES: ****PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND****
- VIKING PRESS: Athlete can use whatever protective equipment. Once Viking press is picked up and ready to press, no re-racking or setting it back down. No double dips, so a standard push press, but no push jerks, split jerks or double leg drive of any kind. Press to lockout, judge will give a good command, weight will go back to shoulders before dipping and start over. As many reps in a 60 second time limit as possible. Athlete will face in toward the implement with a standard grip.
- MAX DEADLIFT (XPC ARNOLD 2022 QUALIFIER): Athlete will have 3 attempts to do a max deadlift to qualify for the 2022 Arnold XPC. Strongman rules are allowed, straps are ok, hitching is ok, no sumo, belts is ok, etc. and yes a deadlift suit will be allowed. BUT the XPC will only allow powerlifting rules only, no straps, no hitching and 3 attempts like powerlifting.
- YOKE: Athletes will have 60 seconds to carry the yoke down a 50 foot course. The yoke must start behind the start line and 100% cross the finish line, only carry one direction and done. Protective equipment is allowed. We will pick yoke heights at weigh ins, but no changes the day off.
- FARMERS: Athletes will have 60 seconds to carry the farmers down and back the 50 foot course. Farmers must start behind the start line, pick and carry, at the 50’ line the farmers just need to cross the line, but not entirely cross, drop re-pick (no turns) and once picked return to the start line and cross the line 100%. Protective gear is allowed, but no straps. Yes Chalk is fine, no gloves, no straps just grip it.
- STONE OVER BAR: Female classes / teen and novice will load the stone over a 48” bar as many reps as possible and the male classes over a 54” bar for as many reps as possible in 60 seconds. All protective equipment allowed, tacky is allowed, please be prepared to clean up and not touch everything in the facility. Athletes will start with their hands above the yoke and 60 second time limit. A judge will count reps and someone will push the stone back after each rep.
Weigh ins will be at Full Circle Strength Systems at 301 26th Street West, Williston, ND 58801 (701)774-5036 Friday April 9th from 8am to Noon and 4pm to 7pm. No Weigh ins on comp Day.
Hotel Will be at Main Stays Suites 200 26th Street Williston, ND 58801 (701) 572-5793
Awards per class for 1st - 3rd.
Event doors will open to athletes at 8am (free entrance), spectators ($10 fee at door) at 9am, food and beverage sales inside building. Spectators can also pre purchase tickets at Full Circle Strength Systems a month prior for $10 to all, except kids 12 and under are free.
***Yoke/Farmers/Viking press combo will all be for sale. If interested please let us know prior.
Parking is free.
Weight can change without notice.
Events and Weights
|Division||Viking Press - Reps||MAX DEADLIFT (XPC ARNOLD 2022 QUALIFIER)||Yoke - 50' Course Run||Farmers - 50'Course Run (Down and Back)||Stone over Bar - Reps|
|Open W LW (132-)||135||MAX||325||130||150|
|Open W MW (165-)||160||MAX||365||150||175|
|Open W HW (198-)||180||MAX||455||180||215|
|Open W SHW (+)||180||MAX||455||200||215|
|Teen W LW (165-)||70||MAX||235||90||95|
|Hero Women (Single Class)||135||MAX||325||130||150|
|Novice Men (Single Class)||180||MAX||455||180||215|
|Open M LW (181-)||205||MAX||505||200||230|
|Open M MW (220-)||225||MAX||635||220||260|
|Open M HW (275-)||270||MAX||685||250||290|
|Open M SHW (+)||315||MAX||775||270||320|
|Masters M LW (220-)||225||MAX||635||220||260|
|Masters M HW (+)||225||MAX||635||220||260|
|Teen M LW (220-)||160||MAX||365||150||150|
|Teen M HW (220+)||160||MAX||365||150||150|
|Hero Men (Single Class)||205||MAX||505||200||230|
Registration Closes Mar 28, 2021
34 spots remain.