January 30, 2021
NY Novice Battle
All USS memberships for 2021 and THIS competition will be done ONLINE only via your Iron Podium account.
Weigh ins day of from 8-9am. Friday 1/29 early weigh ins by appointment only 7am-830am.
We are excited to be back promoting competitions! Please follow this page as we will update as things move forward.
As everyone knows, anything can change due to Covid19. Please know there are no refunds EXCEPT if we are forced to close our gym, unable to hold an event, and the event gets cancelled. We may postpone it but would need to see what the regulations will be. Keep in mind that we will need to follow whatever mandates are in place come time of the event. That can include mask wearing, social distancing, etc.
Please do not wait to send in this entry. As a promoter during Covid19 we will need all the support we can get and that means actually being able to move forward with this event. Athletes will compete in reverse entries received. That means if you are last in your weight class to register, you go 1st in all 5 events all day.
As of now we expect this indoor capacity to increase by January 30th but for now we are limiting one spectator per athlete, fee of $10 paid at the door, and their name must be emailed to me, email@example.com.
There is ample metered parking adjacent to the gym.
1) Log C+P Away: Athlete will have 60 seconds to get as many reps as possible. Clean only once but can put implement down and re-clean if necessary. Down command only and for a good rep feet must be in line, arms locked out and head through. You can strict press, push press, jerk or split jerk. 12" log (Pitbull) for men and 10" log (Titan) for women. Chalk, belts and sleeves are allowed. You must bring your own chalk.
2) Deadlift for reps: Athlete will have 60 seconds to get as many reps as possible. Up and down commands given. For a down signal hips and knees locked out. Chalk, belts, straps and sleeves are allowed. You must bring your own chalk.
3) Farmers Carry: 40' down and 40' back. 60 seconds time limit. Front end on both ends only needed, not entire implement. Multiple drops allowed. You must drop and re-pick to carry back. No turning with implement. Fastest time to complete course wins. Partial distance will be recorded if course not finished. Chalk, belts and sleeves are allowed. You must bring your own chalk.
4) Sandbag Carry: Max distance carry with turns at 40', judge will tell you when to turn. Just your toe needs to reach over the line. Distance recorded when you drop the bag, no throwing the bag. Athlete can not sit at any point in a squat for a break. If you do the distance will be recorded here. Athlete cannot carry on the shoulder, it must be carried in front of body. YOU can position the bag anyway you like behind the line.
5) Tire Flip: Athlete will have 60 seconds to get as many reps as possible. You will flip and move around tire to flip it back. Course is not a straight line. Chalk, belts and sleeves are allowed. You must bring your own chalk.
Events and Weights
|Division||Log Press for Reps||Deadlift for Reps||Farmers Carry||Tire Flip||Sandbag Carry|
|Novice W LW (165-)||87||205||132||300||130|
|Novice W HW (165+)||117||255||162||335||150|
|Novice M LW (220-)||185||405||222||470||200|
|Novice M HW (220+)||215||455||252||525||225|
Registration Closes Jan 17, 2021
1 spots remain.