January 15, 2022
NY Strong-est Man & Woman 9
This will be the 5 year Anniversary of the very 1st NY Strongest Man & Woman Competition!!!
Event info and Rules:
- Press Medley: CDB, Sandbag, Keg. Fastest time wins. Athlete chooses order. If you miss you could go back. 60 sec time limitWomen will be using 10" Apollo CDB. MW/HW/SHW Men will be using 13" Bigg Dogg and all other men 10" Bigg Dogg. SB's either Rogue or Cerberus Velcro packed bags.
- Jeep Stock Tire Deadlift: Standard bar, Jeep Stock Tires, 15" pick. Up & Down command. 60 sec time limit. Some of the lighter set ups don't have sand in the tires to eliminate bounce, so NO Catching on the BOUNCE! Lower to a dead stop to receive up command. Suits ok.
- Hercules Hold: This will be a dual pulley system Apparatus where we will adjust every athlete to be at 90 degrees. Longest hold wins. No time limit.
- Carry Medley: Husafel & Iron Cross. 50' each. Fastest time wins. Multiple drops allowed. Partial distance/time given. 60 sec time limit. The Iron Cross being used is not the one from Nationals and is taller so a higher pick than the Husafel.
- Tire Flip: Max reps in 60 sec. You will flip and run around and flip back, it is not a straight course.
- Stone Over Bar: *Top 3-5 per weight class will move onto this 6th event. It depends on how many are in each weight class. 48" for Women. 52" for Men. 60 sec time limit.
Open women will be LW 132 & Under, MW 132-165 and SHW+ is 166 & above. This is basically the HW open class.
Open men will be LW 180 & Under, MW 182-220 and SHW+ is 221 & above. This is basically the HW open class.
1st two events classes divided btwn Press & Deadlift and then switch. Same for Hold and Carry Medley. All classes finish with Tire Flip. Those that qualify to Stones finish after Tire Flip.
indoors so we are limited on space. I am not opening up to the public and allowing the athlete to purchase here on IP one spectator ticket only.
24 hr. Weigh Ins can be accommodated by request only and done at Ny Strong. Please do not just show up as I’ll make myself available with notice.
Day of weigh ins are from 730am-9am ONLY. Do not be late Please.
We will have a live National Anthem at 9:15am and rules meeting to follow. Then warm ups begin and contest starts at 10am sharp.
Events and Weights
|Division||Press Medley||Jeep Stock Tire Deadlift||Hercules Hold||Carry Medley||Tire Flip||Stone Over Bar|
|Novice W LW (165-)||50/50/75||255||75||110/160||335||145|
|Novice W HW (165+)||70/75/100||305||75||150/180||335||160|
|Open W LW (132-)||70/75/100||315||75||150/180||335||160|
|Open W MW (165-)||85/100/125||350||100||170/200||470||190|
|Novice M HW (220+)||130/175/200||525||125||230/260||525||275|
|Novice M LW (220-)||115/150/175||450||125||210/240||525||250|
|Open M LW (181-)||140/175/200||550||125||230/260||525||300|
|Open M MW (220-)||160/200/225||600||150||250/300||635||315|
|Open M HW (275-)||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Open M SHW (+)||180/225/250||650||175||270/320||750||335|
|Masters M MW (220-)||130/175/200||525||125||230/260||525||275|
|Masters M HW (+)||150/200/225||600||150||250/300||635||300|
|Masters M HW (220+) 50+||115/150/175||450||125||210/240||525||250|
Registration Closes Dec 27, 2021
15 spots remain.