January 21, 2023
PVM New Year Push Pull
Lake Geneva, WI
Time for another PVM GYM competition!
**** This event is a free entry to all competitors that participated in "Honor the Fallen 2.0" please email Nick at email@example.com to complete your entry so I can manually enter you ****
We are keeping this one very simple heaviest bench for your weight class wins, heaviest deadlift for your weight class wins. You can enter for both or just one event. If you wish to do only one event please email me so I can manually enter you into the competition. Each event is $25.
There will be cash prizes for each weight class that will be determined by the amount of sign ups. You're putting on the show so the money will be going back to the winners!
OK- Knee Sleeves, Briefs, Soft and Hard Belt, Chalk
Not OK- Slingshots, Singlets, Suits, Hook Straps, Grip Shirts, Tacky, Wrist wraps, Figure 8's, Straps, Elbow Sleeves
1. The Chief referee shall position himself on the head side of the bench press rack.
2. The lifter must lie on his back with head, shoulders and buttocks in contact with the bench surface. The feet must be flat on the floor (as flat as the shape of the shoe will allow). His/Her hands and fingers must grip the bar positioned in the rack stands with a thumbs around grip. This position shall be maintained throughout the lift. Foot movement is permissible but must remain flat on the floor.
3. To achieve firm footing the lifter may use flat surfaced plates, or blocks.
4. Not more than five and not less than two spotters/loaders shall be on the platform at any time. After correctly positioning himself/herself, the lifter may enlist the help of the spotter/ loaders in removing the bar from the racks. The lift-off if assisted by the spotter/loaders must be at arms’ length.
5. The spacing of the hands shall not exceed 32 in measured between the forefingers (both forefingers must be within the 32 in marks and the whole of the forefingers must be in contact with the 32 in marks if maximum grip is used). The use of the reverse grip is forbidden.
6. After removing the bar from the racks, with or without the help of the spotter / loaders, the lifter shall wait with straight arms elbows locked for the down signal. The signal shall be given as soon as the lifter is motionless and the bar properly positioned. For reasons of safety the lifter will be requested to “Replace” the bar, if after a period of five seconds he is not in the correct position to begin the lift.
7. The signal to begin the attempt shall consist of a downward movement of the arm together with the audible command “Down”.
8. After receiving the signal, the lifter must lower the bar to the chest or abdominal area (the bar shall not touch the belt), hold it motionless on the chest, after which the Chief referee will signal the audible command “Press”. The lifter must then return the bar to straight arms’ length elbows locked. When held motionless in this position the audible command “Rack” shall be given. If the bar is lowered to the belt or does not touch the chest or abdominal area, the Chief Referee’s command is “Rack.”
1. The lifter shall face the front of the platform with the bar laid horizontally in front of the lifter’s feet, gripped with an optional grip in both hands and lifted until the lifter is standing erect.
2. On completion of the lift the knees shall be locked in a straight position and the shoulders back.
3. The Chief Referee’s signal shall consist of a downward movement of the arm and the audible command “Down”. The signal will not be given until the bar is held motionless and the lifter is in the apparent finished position.
4. Any rising of the bar or any deliberate attempt to do so will count as an attempt. Once the attempt has begun no downward movement is allowed until the lifter reaches the erect position with the knees locked and shoulders back.
Events and Weights
|Novice W HW (165+)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Novice W LW (165-)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Open W LW (132-)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Open W MW (165-)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Open W HW (198-)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Open W SHW (+)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Masters W LW (165-) 50+||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Masters W HW (165+) 50+||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Teen W LW (165-)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Teen W HW (165+)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Novice M HW (220+)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Novice M LW (220-)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Open M LW (181-)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Open M MW (220-)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Open M HW (275-)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Open M SHW (+)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Masters M LW (220-) 50+||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Masters M HW (220+) 50+||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Teen M LW (220-)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Teen M HW (220+)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
Registration Closes Jan 21, 2023
39 spots remain.