April 1, 2023
South Carolina's Strongest Man & Woman 2023
Myrtle Beach, SC
Volunteer Sign Up - https://bit.ly/3MbOWfW
Strongman Corporation Membership is required for all competitors - https://bit.ly/3Ga2xDk
- Open & Masters Competitors - $77 membership - valid for one year
- Novice Competitors ($27 membership) - valid for five days
- this is for Novice athletes who haven't competed in Strongman Corporation competitions before.
- Teen Competitors - $47 membership - valid for one year
If there is 1 athlete in a class, they will get combined with another class or just get a regionals bid (we will leave that up to the promoter).
If there are 2-5 athletes in a class:
- 1st place - Qualifies for Nationals (2023) and Regionals (2023)
- 2nd - Qualifies for Regionals (2023)
- 3rd - Qualifies for Regionals (2023)
If there are 6+ athletes in a class:
- 1st - qualifies for Nationals (2023) and Regionals (2023)
- 2nd - qualifies for Nationals (2023) and Regionals (2023)
- 3rd - qualifies for Regionals (2023)
- 4th - qualifies for Regionals (2023)
Weigh-ins: Friday, March 31st – Morning 8:00am-11am | Afternoon/Evening 2-7pm
Rules Meeting: Friday, March 31st - 7pm
Last Man Standing Max Log Press
- Weights will be announced auction style, and athletes can jump in and out as they please, if you miss an attempt you're finished with the event.
- Women will have 10lbs jumps, Men will have 20lbs jumps. Starting weights TBD.
- There will be a 30-second time limit to complete the lift.
- Athletes may strict press, push press, push jerk, or split jerk the log overhead to the locked-out position.
- Athletes must wait for the “good” down signal before lowering the log.
- The athlete must lower the log under control. No deliberate dropping of the log will be permitted. The athlete may forfeit their attempt in doing so.
- Good Lift: Log locked out under control overhead with arms straight, head through, legs and feet parallel, and stationary.
- Equipment allowed: Belt, chalk, wrist wraps, elbow sleeves, grip shirts, knee wraps, or sleeves.
- Equipment NOT allowed: Any item placed within the belt to provide a “shelf”. Back of belt built up to no more than 8” wide. Tacky, elbow wraps.
- Any and all anatomical limitations preventing a lockout as described above must be demonstrated to the judges prior to the start of the event. This is solely the responsibility of the athlete.
Axle Deadlift for Reps
- 1 attempt for repetitions.
- There may be a 60-second time limit.
- Conventional stance ONLY allowed.
- This is NOT an elevated pull. Will be using steel and/or bumper plates.
- Touch and go is NOT allowed
- Hitching is allowed.
- Weights must touch the floor before the athlete may proceed to the next rep.
- Good Lift: Athlete must lift the axle to a standing position with head up, shoulders back, legs and feet in line. Once the signal is given for the lift the athlete must return the bar to the floor under control. NO DROPPING OF THE BAR WILL BE ALLOWED.
- The athlete may put baby powder on the legs to reduce friction however the athlete should clean the bar after his attempt and before the next competitor.
- Vaseline, baby oil, or similar product may NOT be used on the legs to reduce friction.
- Equipment Allowed: Belt, Chalk, Knee wraps or sleeves, Lifting Straps,
- Equipment NOT Allowed: Tacky or similar product. Lifting hooks, Deadlift Suits, or Briefs.
Max Distance HúSCafell Stone Carry
*Weights are currently an estimate. Will not be heavier than what is listed.*
- One attempt for max distance.
- No time limit. Once the implements have dropped the attempt is finished.
- There will be line markers at the end of the course to signify where the athlete will turn around and head back down the course. The athlete needs to only break (pass) the line with part of their foot, the whole foot does not need to pass. However, if no part of the athlete’s foot passes the line, they must take another step for the length and turn to be valid. If the athlete doesn’t break the line and turns back, they will be flagged by the judge and must walk back to the line and successfully break it before turning.
- Once the athlete drops the stone, they are done and a measurement will be taken. This means that once the athlete picks up the stone, off the ground, and clears the "pick-up" zone their attempt begins. If the athlete picks up the stone and drops it before taking a step, they will be allowed to re-pick the stone. However, if the stone and/or athlete travel even one step, this is their distance, and they will not be allowed to re-pick.
- Equipment negligence will not be tolerated. If at any point the athlete tosses, throws, launches, or hurls the Husafell, they will receive a ZERO on the event.
- The athlete must follow the stone down by keeping their hands on it as it touches the ground. If the athlete simply lets go of the stone, they will receive a 5ft penalty. Furthermore, if the athlete lets the stone go and the stone travels bouncing and careening away from the course, this is considered a launch, and the athlete will receive a ZERO.
We know this is a max distance event and will take that into heavy consideration for the athlete as they near the end of their performance capacity. If the body fails and the athlete loses muscular control of the stone, that’s one thing. But if the athlete knowingly attempts to gain extra distance by hurling a stone, that is an entirely different deal. These calls will be made at the judge’s discretion.
- Elbow and Knee Sleeves, Grip Shirts, Wrist Wraps, Chalk
- Forearm guards (like leather gauntlets or wraps) will be allowed, but they may not have rubber grippers or grip assistance. Forearm guards will be subject to approval by judges.
- No tacky, spray tacky, or any adhesive assistance allowed.
- Belts allowed. The athlete may choose to use a soft belt, a hard belt, or a combination of the two. The athlete MAY NOT use a double layer of 2 hard belts or 2 soft belts. (Keep in mind that belts may decrease your ability to maintain a solid grip on the objects)
Sandbag Toss: MAX WEIGHT
Height: Women: 12ft Crossbar | Men: 15ft Crossbar
- Athletes have 30 seconds to get the bag over the bar.
- Sandbag weight jumps will be announced auction style, athletes can jump in and out at any point. If you miss your attempt, you're will have no further attempts.
- Weight jumps will be 2 1/2 lbs / 5 lbs for all weight classes.
- If the bag gets stuck on top of the apparatus, that counts as a successful throw.
Equipment Allowed: Belt, Chalk, knee wraps or sleeves, wrist wraps. Elbow sleeves.
Equipment NOT Allowed: Tacky
Farmers & Yoke Medley
- One attempt.
- There may be a 60-second time limit.
- One set down per implement is allowed throughout the course.
- Athletes will start with their hands on the farmers' handles. The front of the implement will be behind the starting line. Time will stop when the front of the Yoke crosses the line.
- The signal is given and the athlete must lift and carry the farmer's handles across the line, drop them and then pick up the Yoke to carry it back with the front of the yoke fully cross the finish line to stop the clock.
- Equipment allowed: Belt, Knee sleeves or wraps, wrist wraps, chalk.
- Equipment NOT allowed: Tacky, wrist straps
9650 Scipio Ln
Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
Events and Weights
|Division||Max Log Press||Axle Deadlift For Reps||Max Distance HúSCafell Stone Carry||Sandbag Toss: MAX WEIGHT||Farmers & Yoke Carry Medley|
|Novice W LW (140.4-)||70||225||150||20||365 / 145|
|Novice W MW (180.4-)||70||250||165||20||385 / 165|
|Novice W HW (+)||70||275||180||20||410 / 185|
|Open W MW (160.4-)||70||325||195||20||410 / 185|
|Open W MW (180.4-)||70||325||210||20||410 / 185|
|Open W HW (+)||70||375||225||20||455 / 205|
|Masters Women||70||275||180||20||385 / 165|
|Teen Women||105||480||250||30||570 / 240|
|Novice M HW (+)||105||480||250||30||570 / 240|
|Novice M LW (175.4-)||85||440||200||30||515 / 220|
|Novice M MW (231.4-)||85||465||225||30||540 / 230|
|Open M LW (175.4-)||105||490||250||30||570 / 240|
|Open M MW (200.4-)||165||515||275||30||600 / 255|
|Open M MW (231.4-)||165||540||300||30||630 / 270|
|Open M HW (264.5-)||165||570||325||30||665 / 285|
|Open M SHW (+)||165||600||345||30||700 / 300|
|Masters M HW (+)||165||540||300||30||630/270|
|Masters M LW (175.4-)||85||440||200||30||515/220|
|Masters M MW (231.4-)||105||490||250||30||570/240|
|Teen Men||70||250||165||20||385 / 165|
Registration Closes Mar 01, 2023
4 spots remain.