February 11, 2023
Tallahassee IHGF Stones of Strength
Start Time & Schedule
Sat Feb 11
Men's Open Highlands
Women's Open Highlands
Men's Novice Stones
All Women's divisions for Stones of Strength
Sun Feb 12th
Women's Novice Heavy Athletics (Highland Games)
Men's Novice Heavy Athletics (Highland Games)
Men's Open Stones
Location: Apalachee Regional Park 7550 Apalachee Pkwy Tallahassee Fl
As this is a single class of open competition there will be no weigh in for this meet. This will take place during the Tallahassee Highlands and Scottish Festival and include entry to the festival for the competitor and one guest.
This meet is a Stones of Strength IHGF qualifier for the national championships in California at the IHGF All American stones of Strength.
- Stone Press: Athlete will clean and press their stone for reps in :90. There will be down commands. Belt sleeves and wraps all allowed. no tacky
- Fefor Stone Carry: Athlete will pick the stone and carry for max distance turns every 50' . no tacky allowed all other equipment allowed
- Stone Put: Using the same trig setup for Braemar stone Athlete will throw their stone for max distance 3 attempts allowed. Crossing the front stop will DQ that throw.
- Stone Medley: Athlete will carry each stone 50', lightest to heaviest, for the fastest time.
- Stone Load to Barrel: Athlete will load each stone, lightest to heaviest, to a 40" barrel for time. Tacky allowed
*** Kilt required to compete. We have partnered with Sport Kilt to provide our attendees and athletes a discount code. Check out https://sportkilt.com/ and use code THG23 for off.
Events and Weights
|Division||Stone Press||Fefor Stone Carry||Stone Put||Stone Medley||Stone Load to Barrel|
|Novice Women (Single Class)||80||150||20||80, 100, 120, 140, 160||120, 140, 160, 180, 200|
|Women Open||100||200||30||100, 120, 140, 160, 180||180, 200, 220, 240, 260|
|Novice Men (Single Class)||150||225||35||120, 140, 160, 180, 200||200, 220, 240, 260, 280|
|Men's Open||200||320||50||140, 160, 180, 200, 220||200, 260, 300, 350, 400|
Registration Closes Feb 11, 2023
33 spots remain.