December 2, 2023
Thor Strength Showdown
*****When registering...please do not click either of the Division options (Men or Women). Click on on the drop-down Weightclass bar and select your division.*****
Please review each division and select which one you think you'll be competitive in. We encourage you to challenge yourself! This is primary for those that are new to the sport or just looking to have fun!
NO WEIGH INS!
Doors will open at 8:00am
Rules Meeting at 8:50am
Event 1 starts at 9:00am
Equipment: Wrist Wraps, Elbow Sleeves, Elbow wraps, Knee sleeves, Belt, Chalk
Equipment NOT allowed: Tacky, Tacky Towel, Deadlift Suit, Grip shirts
- Trapbar Deadlift & Carry: Athlete will start 5 feet away from bar. At the start, athlete will perform 3 deadlifts. On the third deadlift, the athlete will carry the implement 20 feet. Then, the athlete will repeat the deadlift and carry one more times; ending with a final 3 deadlifts. There will be a total of 9 deadlifts and 2 carries. Each distance will count as one rep to make it 11 total reps possible. Refs will be giving down and up commands. Athletes will get a down command when hips and knees are locked out. If implement is dropped during either carry, the run will end. Scoring will be based on fastest time or most reps completed. Event will have a 30 second time cap.
- Log Press OR Yoke Press: Division A & B will be performing the log press for max reps. Division C & D will be performing the yoke press for max reps. Yoke measurements will be taken at check in. Athletes can start with hands on implement. Refs will be giving a down command. Athletes will get a down command when hips, knees and elbows are locked out. Implements must be controlled on the way down. Athletes will receive a zero if either implement is dropped from overhead. Scoring will be based on max reps. Event will have a 30 second time cap.
- Flip, Carry, Drag: Athlete can start with hands on tire, which will stand upright. At the start, athletes will perform 5 tire flips. Then, athlete will pick up either a husafell or sandbag nearby and carry it 50 feet and place on sled. Last, athlete will drag the sled 50 feet. Every 10 feet will count as an addition rep for a total of 15 possible reps. There will be no rounding up. Scoring will be based on fastest time or most reps completed. Event will have a 60 second time cap.
- Conan's Wheel: Athlete will start will arms under implement. At the start, athlete will pick up and carry implement for as long as possible. Once the implement is dropped, the run is over. coring will be based on farthest distance. Event will have a 30 second time cap.
- Sandbag Squat: Athlete will start 5 feet behind the first sandbag. At the start, athlete will pick up sandbag and bring it to their shoulder. Once stabilized, athlete must remove one hand from sandbag and perform a squat. Squats must be at parallel or below. Refs will let athletes know when they can squat. If squat isn't low enough, refs will have you repeat only the squat. After a successful squat, athlete will move to the next. Max repetitions will be done on the last bag. Athletes must clean and squat each time. Scoring will be based on max reps. Event will have a 60 second time cap.
EVENTS AND/OR WEIGHTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A LOCATION. STAY TUNED!
Events and Weights
|Division||Trapbar Deadlift & Carry||Log Press OR Yoke Press||Flip, Carry, Drag||Conan's Wheel||Sandbag Squat|
|Division A||150||70||100, 75, 150||150||30, 50, 75|
|Division B||250||120||250, 125, 200||250||75, 100, 125|
|Division C||420||165||325, 175, 250||400||125, 150, 175|
|Division D||560||205||600, 225, 300||550||175, 200, 225|
Available until Nov 01, 2023
Registration Closes Nov 25, 2023
50 spots remain.