April 10, 2021
Top Teer Presents: Showdown at the Strongman Corral
New Braunfels, TX
USS MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED FOR ALL COMPETITORS. MEMBERSHIPS CAN BE PURCHASED AT WEIGH INS OR BEFORE THE CONTEST HERE...
***ENTRIES ARE NON REFUNDABLE AND NON TRANSFERABLE***
Contest Director: Jim Bono
Date & Time: 4/10/21
Entry Deadline: Entries will be taken until the day before the contest, but you must enter by 4/1/21 to be guaranteed a contest T shirt.
Please feel free to direct meet questions to the director at anytime.
HOTEL: Country Inn and Suites by Radisson - call to book details below.
- Group rate good for 8-10 APR 21
- Group Name is Top Teer Group
- Cut off to book is 20MAR21
- Rate is $96 plus tax
- Group code is: 2104TOPTER
- 1483n IH 35 North
- New Braunfels, TX 78130
- 1-830-387-4688 / 1-830-609-9635
- Rules Meeting: 9:00am (ALL ATHLETES MUST BE IN ATTENDANCE TO COMPETE)
- Weigh-in: Friday 4/9/21 from 2-5PM at Top Teer Strength
- Saturday 4/10/21 from 730am-845am at Top Teer Strength
- Location: Top Teer Strength - 1260 FM 1863 , New Braunfels, TX 78132
- 1st Prize: Trophy/3 Atlas Stones (Winner picks 3 stone sizes). Assortment of prizes donated by vendors. Stones Open class only
- 2nd and 3rd Prize: Assortment of prizes donated by vendors.
- Everyone: A live band/Food Trucks/Industry Vendors and a great time.
- Divisions: **Weight classes/class sub divisions will be combined if there are less than 3 competitors signed up in a class**
- Tie breaker is Yoke for time/distance. ________________________________________________________________________________________________
NO DEADLIFT SUITS may be worn in any event during this contest.
1) Humvee/Vehicle pull for distance w/60 second time limit.
- Course Length is 65 feet up a slight incline.
- HUMVEE weight is 5900lbs.
- Competitors will pull from a secure platform.
- Score will be determined by time and then distance should the pull not be completed within 60 seconds.
- Women's novice and LWW vehicle TBD at this time.
2) Head to Head Log - full clean and press
- Two competitors will be facing the judge.
- Competitor will have 60s to complete as many reps after being given the lift command from the judge
- Competitor can begin with hands on the implement.
- Competitor will be required to clean the log each time and then press for a rep.
- A completed rep will be given when implement is pressed fully overhead with hips through, elbows and knees locked and head through.
- The competitor will receive a zero for the event if they “tree top” the implement (Drop from overhead, down must be controlled)
- Chalk, wraps, sleeves, belts, gloves and grip shirts OK (no SC/OSG shirts)
- NO tacky, straps.
3) Conan Wheel for distance
- The competitor has 60 seconds to complete as far a distance as possible.
- Time will begin when the competitor lifts the bar.
- Once the bar is dropped after picking it up AND TAKING A STEP , the event is done and that competitor will be scored on the distance traveled.
4) Wagon Wheel Axle deadlift for reps
- Two competitors will be facing the judge
- Athletes may start with hands on the axle (strapped in).
- 60 second time limit from the Judge's "Go" command to deadlift the axle for max reps in the minute.
- Athletes will be given a down AND up command...no "touch and go".
- straps, belt, knee/elbow sleeves, chalk, wrist wraps, hitching ALLOWED
- No suits ALLOWED
5) 5 Stone loading medley on 55 Gallon drums.
- Two competitors will start facing the course w/ stones placed at the base of each drum
- They will have 60 seconds to place all 5 stones in ascending weight order
- The winner will be the determined by all 5 stone placement in shortest time or number of stones in shortest time
- Tacky/tacky towel, wrist wraps, elbow/knee sleeves, chalk, belt ALLOWED.
IN THE EVENT OF A TIE WITHIN THE TOP 3 IN ANY WEIGHT CLASS, WE WILL CONDUCT A YOKE WALK FOR DISTANCE/TIME. TOP TEER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE TIE BREAKER BASED ON LENGTH OF THE CONTEST AND CONDITION OF ATHLETES.
New Braunfels, TX 78132
Events and Weights
|Division||Hand Over Hand Hummer Pull from platform - 65 Feet||Head to Head Log - full clean and press||Conan Wheel for Distance - max distance||60 Second Wagon Wheel Deadlift for Reps -||Head to Head Stone Load Medley - 55 gallon drum load/ascending weight|
|Novice W HW (165+)||Bronco 2||120||245||230||65, 95, 115, 145, 173|
|Novice W LW (165-)||Bronco 2||100||245||230||35, 65, 95,115,145|
|Open W LW (132-)||Bronco 2||120||295||230||65, 95, 115, 145, 173|
|Open W MW (165-)||M998 Variant||130||335||255||95, 115, 145, 173, 215|
|Open W HW (198-)||M998 Variant||140||355||315||95, 115, 145, 173, 215|
|Open W SHW (+)||M998 Variant||120||245||185||65, 95, 115, 145, 173|
|Masters W LW (132-)||M998 Variant||100||265||185||65, 95, 115, 145, 173|
|Masters W HW (+)||M998 Variant||130||285||195||65, 95, 115, 145, 173|
|Novice M HW (220+)||M998 Variant||180||425||425||145, 173, 215, 250, 275|
|Novice M LW (220-)||M998 Variant||140||385||405||115, 145, 173, 215, 250|
|Open M LW (181-)||M998 Variant||230||435||455||115, 145, 173, 215, 250|
|Open M MW (220-)||M998 Variant||250||475||525||145, 173, 215, 250, 275|
|Open M HW (275-)||M998 Variant||270||515||545||215, 250, 275, 300, 335|
|Open M SHW (+)||M998 Variant||295||550||565||250, 275, 300, 335, 350|
|Masters M LW (220-)||M998 Variant||140||425||405||115, 145, 173, 215, 250|
|Masters M HW (+)||M998 Variant||180||425||405||145, 173, 215, 250, 275|
4 spots remain.