April 2, 2022
Tri-City Strongman - Scott Helm's Memorial
PROMOTER: Matt Powell
LOCATION: 801 Front Ave, Columbus, GA 31901, USA
CONTEST TIME: 0900-1600
WEIGH-INS: Friday, April 1St 0900-12 & 1600 - 2000 at contest site &
Saturday Apr 2nd, 2022 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM
(Please bring current Strongman Corporation Membership)
HOTEL: Book your group rate
Tri City Strong Man – Scott Helm’s Memorial
If you have questions or need help with the link, please reach out to the hotel.
Start Date: Friday, April 1, 2022
End Date: Sunday, April 3, 2022
Last Day to Book: Tuesday, March 1, 2022
WOMEN (LW Women, MW Women, HW Women) Novice Women
MEN (LW Men, MW Men, HW Men, SHW Men),
Novice Men (Light <200>200), Women (Light <180>180)
Classes will be divided if we have more than 5 competitors
LOG & AXLE PRESS MEDLEY
CARRY MEDLEY (H-STONE, KEG, SANDBAG)
STONE OVER BAR
AWARDS: Medals for class winners – Qualification for Strongman Nationals
ENTRY FEE: $100 up until day of contest. Includes T-shirt & 2 Entries to Expo.
ENTRY DEADLINE: Day of contest
MAKE ALL CHECKS PAYABLE TO: Powell Performance, LLC
Venmo - @mattpowell31
CashApp - $mattpowell31
Rules will be covered day of the event at rules meeting as well.
EVENT 1: Log / Axle Press medley
- Athlete will have 60s to press as many reps as possible.
- Athlete will go back and forth from 1 implement to the other
- Athlete can start on either implement, but must alternate back & forth
- Each rep counts as 1 point, person with most reps wins
- Chalk, belt, wrist wraps, grip shirt, knee/ elbow sleeves.
EVENT 2: Car DL
- Athlete will have 60s to complete as many reps as possible
- It will be a side handle car DL, for lighter women’s classes it will be a deadsled
- Athlete will be given a “Lift/up” call and a “down” call for each rep.
- Suits allowed, belt, chalk, straps allowed.
EVENT 3: Yoke Carry 50-60ft (depending on event space)
- Athlete will have 60s to carry implement 50-60ft in the fastest time possible.
- In the event an athlete does not complete the course distance will be measured.
- Unlimited drops
- Chalk, belt allowed, elbow / knee sleeves.
EVENT 4: Carry Medley (H-Stone, Keg, Sandbag)
- Athletes will have 60s to move all 3 implements, fastest time wins, any implements not finished will be measured and that will be scored
- Each implement will be carried 50’, athlete will sprint back and grab next implement until all cross the line.
- No shouldering of the implements and no dropping or throwing
- Chalk, belts, elbow / knee sleeves, NO TACKY OR ADHESIVE
EVENT 5: Stone Over Bar
- Athletes will have :60 to load a stone over bar for max reps
- Women will load to 48” Men will load to 54”
- Tacky allowed.
*All weights/ events are subject to change, but we will do our best to stay true to the above list and will notify via social media of any changes.
Events and Weights
|Division||Log / Axle Medley||Yoke||Deadsled or Car DL - Women / Car DL - Men||H-Stone / Keg / Sandbag Medley||Stone Over Bar|
|Novice W HW (+)||130 / 130||400||SMALL CAR||175/175/150||175|
|Novice W MW (180.4-)||100 / 100||300||FRAME - 300#||110/150/100||150|
|Open W LW (140.4-)||115 / 120||300||FRAME - 350#||150/150/125||175|
|Open W MW (180.4-)||135 / 140||400||SMALL CAR||175/175/150||200|
|Open W HW (200.4-)||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Open W HW (+)||150 / 155||500||SMALL CAR + 90#||200/200/175||240|
|Masters W LW (140.4-)||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Masters W HW (+)||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Novice M MW (231.4-)||225 / 225||600||Car (longer levered)||300/250/225||275|
|Novice M SHW (+)||250 / 250||700||Car (longer levered)||325/275/262||330|
|Open M LW (175.4-)||225 / 225||600||Car||300/250/225||275|
|Open M MW (200.4-)||250/250||650||Car + 50#||325/250/225||300|
|Open M MW (231.4-)||275 / 275||700||Car + 90#||325/275/262||330|
|Open M HW (264.5-)||300 / 300||800||Car + 180#||350/300/300||360|
|Open M SHW (+)||300 / 300||800||Car + 180#||350/300/300||360|
|Masters M MW (231.4-)||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Masters M SHW (+)||275 / 275||700||Car + 90#||325/275/262||300|
Available until Mar 01, 2022
Registration Closes Mar 31, 2022
138 spots remain.