June 4, 2022
Rio Grande Valley Celtic Festival Heavy Athletics
Welcome to the New Mexico Celtic Athletics and Rio Grande Valley Celtic Festival
* NMCA condemns any expression of hatred, which has no place in our society. NMCA reserves the right to ban members, prospective members, or other participants from NMCA events on the grounds of association with nationally recognized hate groups or public displays of discriminatory iconography or language. NMCA is not a haven for those who advocate or practice hatred, hostility, or violence against members of any race, ethnicity, nation, gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation. NMCA welcomes people of all origins and opinions who celebrate and enjoy the Celtic culture and athletic activities. This is not a political forum, politics have no place on the athletics field. No visible political messages will be allowed. The Board will determine if a ban of a member, potential member, or other participants from NMCA events is required based on the evidence before it.
* Competition will follow RMSA, rules, judge’s rulings are final.
*IHGF qualifier for LIGHT HAMMER
* Athletes must compete in a Kilt (Rentals available for $5) (Undergarments must be worn!)
* Weigh-ins will take place during Check-In Saturday, and Sunday.
* Check-In is 8:00-8:30 AM on the day of competition at the Athletics' Tent. The competition starts at 9 AM!
* Site has a no smoking policy.
* On-site registrants will have to pay Festival Entry Fee, as well as Regular Athletic Registration Fee.
* $45 for general registration, and $50 for late or day of registration on Iron Podium.
* Only Registrations received before May 5th, 2022 can be GUARANTEED a current Games shirt.
* On site camping available, contact Rio Grande Valley Celtic Festival for information.
Men's A, Women's Open, Men's Masters & Women's Masters
Men's B & C, Men's & Women's lightweight, Women's novice, and Teen
* Classes that do NOT have a minimum of 4 registrants by May 15th may be canceled, so please register early. Registrants in canceled classes will be notified and given the option to switch classes. Classes will be capped at 12 athletes.
THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY - READ BEFORE SIGNING
In consideration of your acceptance of this entry, I hereby, for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, and my assignees, waive and release all rights and damages I may have against Iron Podium LLC, New Mexico Celtic Athletics (NMCA), Rio Grande Valley Celtic Festival (RGVCF), City of Albuquerque, Balloon Fiesta Park, any and all sponsors of the event, their representatives and assigns, for any and all injuries incurred by me in conjunction with these championships and in traveling to and from the event.
NMCA, RGVCF, City of Albuquerque, Balloon Fiesta Park, any and all sponsors of the event, and will take reasonable endeavors to comply with all applicable obligations of the Health & Safety at Work, Act 1974 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1992 (amended 1999) ensuring as far as reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of all its employees freelance and contracted personnel and others, including the general public, who come into contact from time to time with any of the aforementioned's work activities.
The Athlete understands and accepts that events and competitions involving contests of strength may as with any sporting contest result in injury.
I hereby authorize the Rio Grande Valley Celtic Festival (RGVCF), New Mexico Celtic Athletics (NMCA), and all associated parties to use photographs of the above-named in their brochures, pamphlets, advertising, and other purposes in any way relating to RGVCF and NMCA activities. I agree to conduct myself in such a manner as not to put myself or anyone else at risk of injury, and to exhibit good sportsmanship at all times, or I shall be disqualified from the RGVCF and NMCA. I agree that RGVCF, NMCA, their officers, directors, and members or agents (hereinafter, the “RELEASED PARTIES") shall not be liable or responsible for injury to me (including paralysis or death) or damage to my property occurring during any RGVCF and NMCA event or activity and resulting from acts or omissions occurring during the performance of the duties of the Released Parties, even where the damage or injury is caused by negligence (except willful neglect). I understand and agree that all members and guests participate voluntarily, and at their own risk in all RGVCF and NMCA games activities, and I assume all risks of injury and damage arising out of the conduct of such activities. I release and hold the Released Parties harmless from any injury or loss to my person or property which may result from my participation in the RGVCF and NMCA activities and events. I understand that this means that I agree not to sue the Release Parties for any injury or resulting damage to myself or my property arising from, or in connection with the performance of their chapter duties in sponsoring, planning, or conducting said events.
The Released Parties will comply with all state (NMDOH) and federal (FDA) health mandates as they relate to COVID-19, which includes, but is not limited to mask-wearing, social distancing, and personal hygiene. Registrants affirm that they will not attend the event if they have contracted COVID-19, suspect they have COVID-19, or have COVID-19 symptoms.
I understand that this means that I agree not to sue the Release Parties for any injury or resulting damage to myself or my property arising from, or in connection with the performance of their chapter duties in sponsoring, planning, or conducting said events.
Events and Weights
|Division||B. Stone||O. Stone||HWD||LWD||HH||LH||WOB||Sheaf||Caber|
|Women's LW (150-)||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Women's Masters 40+||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Women's Masters 50+||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Men's LW (200-)||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Men's Masters 50+||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|Men's Masters 40+||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
Available until Mar 15, 2022
Registration Closes May 15, 2022
75 spots remain.