October 23, 2021
The Static Monsters Worldwide 2021- Eatontown, New Jersey
The Static Monsters WorldWide 2021- Eatontown, NJ
*NJ and PA records for log
*USS Nationals 2022 and Static Monsters Worlds 2022 qualifier
*2021 USS Inc. membership required
Weigh-Ins (no exceptions):
749 Hope Road, Eatontown, NJ 07724
Friday 10/22/21: 12-4
Saturday 10/23/21: 8-9am
Athlete meeting: 9am (Mandatory for all athletes)
Contest time: 9:30am
Spectators: $10 at door
Events: Max log, Max DL and Atlas Stone to shoulder (in that order)
STATIC WEIGHT CLASSES: https://www.staticmonsters.com/the-static-monsters-weight-classes/
*Keep in mind, this is a competition with TWO federation regulations. For your scores to count for Static Monsters, you will need to complete max log and Max DL. Your weight class for Static is found using the above link. Your scores for ALL THREE events will count to qualify for USS Nationals 2022. Those weight classes are below*
USS WEIGHT CLASSES:
LWW (132.4 and under)
SHW (198.5 and above)
LWM (181.4 and under)
SHM (275.5 and above)
-Trophies for 1st place (in classes with 3+ athletes)
-Medals for 2nd and 3rd (in classes with 3+ athletes)
-Top 3 of OPEN classes (including Masters) and 1st place Novice get USS Nationals 2022 invite
-Top 10 of Static Monsters Worldwide scores qualify for Static Monsters Championships 2022
STATIC MONSTERS RULES
- Athlete nominates their opening attempt for both log and deadlift events at the time of checking for the event.
- Athlete cannot drop their nominated weight after a failed attempt or a completed attempt.
- No minimum weight increase. This is due to international events crossing over to lbs or kgs.
THE LOG LIFT
(Men 12”, Women 10”)
*opening weight 70#
- Athlete will have 60 seconds to complete the lift after being given the go ahead from the judge. - The log must be controlled back to the ground. (No Throwing of the implement). The log does not need to be returned to the chest on the descent, only controlled to the ground.
-Any dropped lift will result in a failed lift and will not count. If you are told your lift does not count, you may attempt it again providing you still have time within your allotted 60 seconds for that particular lift.
- Each athlete has 3 attempts.
- Lift is completed when the judge calls “down”. To receive the “down” call, the lifter must have knees, hips and shoulders locked out and head “through”.
- If the athlete successfully locks out a rep just before the buzzer but then drops the implement in an uncontrolled way, the rep will not count.
- Not allowed- Two belts, one above the other on the torso (equivalent to a stepped setup), is not allowed. A loop in the belt is not allowed. No tacky. No straps. The log cannot be rested on the top of the head during the lift. It may however be allowed to touch the head during the upward trajectory.
- Allowed- Chalk is allowed. Belts are allowed, an under belt and an over belt is allowed. The log can touch, bounce off, rest on the belt during the clean. Wraps and sleeves are allowed, including “equipped” elbow sleeves. One item per joint. IE one elbow sleeve, not multiple sleeves on the one elbow. (wraps on elbows aren’t allowed)
(Axle bar w/ wagon wheels @ ~16” from bottom of bar )
*opening weight 200#
- A conventional stance deadlift is mandatory. No Sumo stance allowed, no Jefferson deadlifts or any other variation, conventional deadlift only. Hands must be outside the knees for the entire duration of the lift.
- Each athlete has 3 attempts.
- 60 seconds to complete the lift after the whistle blows. Lifter can continue to lift until the full 60 seconds are up.
-No points awarded if no complete lifts are counted
- Lift is completed when the judge calls “down”. To receive the “down” call, the lifter must have knees, hips and shoulders locked out.
- Athletes opening lift must be at the minimum set weights or above for that class
- Not allowed: A long figure 8 strap with “fingertips” being the only thing touching the bar will not be an acceptable lift. No Tacky allowed. No “Eddie Halls” allowed, weight must be controlled to the ground for the lift to count. No “Boardwalk Bounce” allowed on any lifts.
- Allowed: Straps allowed, figure 8 straps also allowed. However they must be tight and the hands have to be around/holding the axle. Deadlift suits are allowed.
Standing: Male – Female Adaptive Static Monsters
Same rules as above.
Seated: Male – Female Adaptive Static Monsters
Seated Deadlift – A regular flat gym bench is required. Make sure the bench is load rated for the lifters weight combined with their planned maximum deadlift. Prone Row is also an acceptable lift in this scenario. The axle is needed but the athlete may use straps if they like. To judge the Prone Row, the bar must start from a full hang, then rowed to touch the underside of the bench and then lowered to the full hang again (without the lifter removing their arms from their sockets).
Seated Log Lift – Minimum degree of angle on the incline is 55 Degrees. No rolling of the log along the safety bars.
Considerations for being an Adaptive Athlete, as taken from the “Classes” section of this website:
For the standing division, you must have a physical disability that prevents you from safely handling the weights in the open division and/or competing evenly against athletes without any disabilities. For the seated division, you need to either have a physical disability that requires you to use a wheelchair or you meet the physical criteria for the standing division but you choose to compete in a wheelchair. For instance, if you have a prosthetic leg, you may compete in either division, depending on how you feel the prosthetic limb will hold up. If you are competing in the seated division, all athletes will be using the same wheelchair for the events. For the neuro division, you must have cerebral palsy, spina bifida, MS, or some similar condition that impairs optimal neurological function at a high enough level to put you at a disadvantage going against someone with a fully functioning nervous system.
STONE TO SHOULDER
-60 seconds to complete as many reps as possible. Athlete may choose first number in weight matrix for 1 point, second number in weight matrix for 2 points (or if they're adaptive they can use third number in weight matrix for 3 points). They may move back and forth as they see fit.
-Athlete may clean stone to shoulder with two hands but must finish at the top showing control and only one hand on stone. A down command will be given for a good rep.
-Athlete may lap and clean to shoulder.
-Can clean to any shoulder.
- A NO REP will be given if athlete does not show control at the top and MUST wait for the down command.
- Standing adaptive athletes rules are above. If athlete is adaptive one armed, they may pick off of a drum.
- Seated adaptive athletes will be provided stone on their lap (with a lap pad) and then must clean to shoulder, showing control at the top with one hand off of the stone.
Not allowed- No tacky
Allowed - chalk, grip shirts, tacky towel, belts, wrist wraps
**Static Monsters gives new athletes the opportunity to try competing for the first time without the barrier of having to learn too many events as well as offering experienced athletes some goals to compete for and the opportunity to compete against the best athletes in the world all under the same conditions and rules despite being across the world.**
**We have paired Static Monsters events with a third event to sanction it under US Strongman, Inc. So registrants have a chance to qualify for not only Static Monsters World Championships 2022 but also USS Nationals 2022.**
Events and Weights
|Division||Max Log||Max Wagon Wheels Deadlift||Atlas Stone|
|Novice Women (Single Class)||MAX||MAX||75/95|
|Open W LW (132-)||MAX||MAX||95/115|
|Open W MW (165-)||MAX||MAX||115/125|
|Open W HW (198-)||MAX||MAX||125/145|
|Open W SHW (+)||MAX||MAX||145/175|
|Masters Women (Single Class)||MAX||MAX||95/115|
|Adaptive W Seated||MAX||MAX||TBD|
|Adaptive W Standing||MAX||MAX||TBD|
|Adaptive W Seated Neuro||MAX||MAX||TBD|
|Adaptive W Standing One-Armed||MAX||MAX||TBD|
|Adaptive W Standing Neuro||MAX||MAX||TBD|
|Novice Men (Single Class)||MAX||MAX||145/175|
|Open M LW (181-)||MAX||MAX||175/200|
|Open M MW (220-)||MAX||MAX||200/225|
|Open M HW (275-)||MAX||MAX||225/250|
|Open M SHW (+)||MAX||MAX||250/275|
|Masters Men (Single Class)||MAX||MAX||175/200|
|Adaptive M Seated||MAX||MAX||95/115/145|
|Adaptive M Standing||MAX||MAX||TBD|
|Adaptive M Seated Neuro||MAX||MAX||65/95/115|
|Adaptive M Standing One-Armed||MAX||MAX||TBD|
|Adaptive M Standing Neuro||MAX||MAX||TBD|
Registration Closes Oct 01, 2021
No spots left.